Anonymous
Best Viewed w/Minimum Screen Resolution of 1368px or Higher!
You are not Logged-In as a User!

Please Login or Register  

Forum Index Members Search Usergroups
Ranks Staff Statistics Forum FAQ
Board Rules Edit your profile Login, Check Messages Log in

Search for at

BF2HD installation messing with BF2 Vanilla via BF2HUB.
Post new topic Reply to topic printer-friendly view List users that have viewed this topic Forum Index Battlefield 2 HD PRO II
View previous topic View next topic
PostPosted: Sun Aug 20, 2023 10:19 pm Reply with quote
Leggyblond22
Hey there, New guy here... I installed the HD client as instructed but now I cannot play BF2 Vanilla via HUB like normal. it won't find my original EXE but merely redirects it to the HD exe, where it gives prompts for patching and also a KEY error/issue.

Can anyone help me get this sorted.  I deleted everything and reinstalled Vanilla bf2 till I can get it sorted. Thank you.

Groups Member
Posts 3
Joined Aug 20, 2023
Status Offline
View user's profile Send Leggyblond22 a private message Visit user's website Find all posts by Leggyblond22

PostPosted: Sun Aug 20, 2023 10:31 pm Reply with quote
thedarkbanshee
Much appreciated for the interest and outreach

BFHD should have installed in a separate location from Vanilla BF2. Vanilla BF2 generally is installed in C drive programFiles (X86) EA BF2 as where BFHD installs by default into C drive ProgramFiles (X86) Bull3t BFHD

I can definitely help you with this

BF2 HUB has a option to choose though BFHD does not actually require BF2 HUB even though it can use it. If your using BF2 HUB under the TAB basic settings you will find it reads (Auto-detect) C:\Program Files (x86)\Bull3t\BFHD which can be changed to  C:\Program Files (x86)\EA\BF2

If you need further instructions I can provide more info. Always happy to help

See you in game on the battlefield!

Site Admin

Groups Site Admin
Posts 20
Joined May 19, 2020
Status Offline
View user's profile Send thedarkbanshee a private message Find all posts by thedarkbanshee

PostPosted: Sun Aug 20, 2023 10:38 pm Reply with quote
DeathPenalty666
vanilla and hd dont have the same install location. unless you changed it manually.  you have to select the game directory of hd or vanilla in bf2hub option.   remember to set gofg.ddns.net in the 2 bottom case to get on our ranking on.
ranking to be used for your ingame bfhq (vanilla and special force) and ranking to be used for your ingame bfhq (when using mod)  turn back to normal to use bf2hub normal servers

feel free to join our discord https://discord.gg/NBHAreqZ

Site Admin

Groups Site Admin
Posts 32
Joined Jun 23, 2022
Status Offline
View user's profile Send DeathPenalty666 a private message Find all posts by DeathPenalty666

PostPosted: Mon Aug 21, 2023 1:26 am Reply with quote
Leggyblond22
@thedarkbanshee

Yes, the location BF2HUB chose auto is the Bull3t directory for some reason even though HD was installed in a completely separate location.    I don't like that at all.... I cant choose a specific EXE in bf2hub only the folder that bf2 is in which is standard, (eagames, etc...)

where do i go from here?   Thanks.

Groups Member
Posts 3
Joined Aug 20, 2023
Status Offline
View user's profile Send Leggyblond22 a private message Visit user's website Find all posts by Leggyblond22

PostPosted: Mon Aug 21, 2023 1:42 am Reply with quote
thedarkbanshee
In Bull3t directory BFHD, you will find an EXE called BF2_RU.EXE.   This will get you into BFHD just fine, and then when you want to use Vanilla BF2, use BF2 HUB.  In other words, you can make a shortcut or button in your start menu favorites for windows from BF2_RU.EXE

BFHD is standalone, this is why it installs elsewhere.

I know you want to click the mod Icon in BF2 HUB to swap it with ease but BFHD is perfect being standalone.  You will be able to find and join our server ip 96.43.128.124 also listed in the server list as battlefield2hdpro

Last edited by thedarkbanshee on Mon Aug 21, 2023 2:11 am; edited 1 time in total

Site Admin

Groups Site Admin
Posts 20
Joined May 19, 2020
Status Offline
View user's profile Send thedarkbanshee a private message Find all posts by thedarkbanshee

PostPosted: Mon Aug 21, 2023 1:50 am Reply with quote
Leggyblond22
How do I keep BF2HUB from reading BF2HD? Thanks again.

Groups Member
Posts 3
Joined Aug 20, 2023
Status Offline

PostPosted: Mon Aug 21, 2023 2:14 am Reply with quote
thedarkbanshee
I can help you step by step on voice chat if you like over
https://app.kosmi.io/room/j7wsf4

Site Admin

Groups Site Admin
Posts 20
Joined May 19, 2020
Status Offline

PostPosted: Mon Aug 21, 2023 4:46 am Reply with quote
boot-error
Leggyblond22 I saw you were on the BFHD server. If I knew I would have joined you and attempted to brings friend's.  If you like you can post a date and time you want to play and I will attempt to join you.

Groups Member
Posts 1
Joined May 21, 2020
Status Offline
View user's profile Send boot-error a private message Find all posts by boot-error

Post new topic Reply to topic printer-friendly view List users that have viewed this topic Time synchronized with your computer time
Page 1 of 1